I’ve been freelancing in the data visualization space since 2012, with a few years spent in-house in news organizations. Most recently I was full time at NBC News helping to lead the redesign of the Big Board using web technologies like Vue and D3. For the past year I’ve been expanding my freelance practice and I am finding myself in a place where I need some help! Interest in electoral politics is a huge plus. Regardless of whether you consider yourself a junior or senior dev; please get in touch.
I am looking for someone to help add more bandwidth for larger projects and clients I want to take on. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing data visualizations with D3
- Creating reusable templates for storytelling around data
- Project management and self-guided prioritization
- Deploying and maintaining client-side JS apps
You should have some experience with
- git, GitHub process (PRs, branches, etc)
- Data visualization
- Design and storytelling (especially if in a news context)
Ideally looking for someone based in the New York area so we could meet in person and go to client meetings together, but I could be open to a remote arrangement.
If any of this interests you, please get in touch with your resume and hourly freelance rate.
Include FREELANCER in all caps in the subject line please: email@example.com